Sympathy for Data v1.1.0-beta3 is a preview release for the new v.1.1.0 version which introduces major changes under the hood. The platform itself is implemented entirely in Python which makes room for more rapid changes going forward. It introduces no new interfaces and is fully compatible with v1.0.x. Separate installers for Windows are available for 32 and 64 bit installations. The 64 bit version offers significant advantages where memory is concerned.
Download Sympathy for Data built for Windows:https://bitbucket.org/sysess/sympathy-for-data-public/downloads
- It is now possible to Reload all node libraries (in the File menu). This also clears all imports.
- Tables can be sliced with with negative indices.
- Session store/restore: Sympathy can be configured to reopen the flows from the last session (Preferences/General).
- After copy/paste, the new nodes are automatically selected.
- Some GUI optimizations, especially regarding validating large flows.
- New Nodes:
- F(x) Tables with Extras
- Merge Table(s)
- Only one configuration GUI per node can be open at the same time.
- Subflow copy/paste is now working.
- Subflow port ordering was not preserved on load/save.
- The F(x) nodes do not display python errors in the loaded scripts.
- Nodes can not have unicode names.
- Manual name change of .syx-file outside Sympathy, is not reflected in Sympathy “file-tab”
- Expand subflow doesn’t always work
- Viewer should be correctly executed for subflow outputs.
- Subflow port names are not shown in parent flow.
- Undoing create subflow from selection does not work.
- Cannot remove Flow Inputs or Outputs.
- Help menu links to Node Writing Documentation etc. are not working.
- Config files are not working when the GUI is launched (only command line).
- Flow Outputs don’t always point to the correct data file
- Error View: output doesn’t always fit the allotted space.
- Nodes sometimes stop validating
- ErrorView: Collect stderr when running pythonw on windows.
- All error messages should be displayed in the error view.