Sympathy for Data v1.0.3 is a scheduled maintenance release with bug fixes and some new library functionality. It is fully compatible with v1.0, v1.0.1 and v1.0.2. The next scheduled maintenance release, v1.0.4 is due 2013-11-29.
- New Python API functions:
- table.File(): from_rows() and to_rows() to handle iterative table generation.
- table.File(): get_column_to_series(), set_column_to_series() works similar to _array() but with pandas Series objects.
- Tables now work with datetime types.
- Prepared for new Library handling (to be introduced fully in a later version)
- Improved handling of node outputs and error messages – unicode is now fully supported, and outputs have no size limit.
- Improved handling of text fields. Fixed issues with opening and saving flows with subflows and flows with nodes not in any added libraries.
- Bug fixes.
- New nodes:
- Text handling: Append Text, Export Texts, Extend Text, Get Item Text, Text2Texts
- List operations: Pad ADAF, Pad Table, Restore Filters, Create Table Index
- Datasources: Table to Datasource
- Tables: Transpose Table, Pivot Table, Pivot Tables
- Complete rewrite of the table CSV importer to support more types of files and larger tables.
- Updated the SQL importers to support larger tables.
- UUID’s are not cleared/reused by the platform. Opening the same flow several times in a row will assign new UUID’s to all flows but the first, even if the flows are closed in between. This will be fixed in a future version.
- Execution of subflows don’t always execute all nodes – double clicking a subflow is currently equivalent to double clicking the end nodes within it. This is sometimes blocked by the execution engine to avoid race conditions.
- It is not possible to copy/paste subflow inputs and outputs